Tuesday, February 4, 2020

R. Crumb's Limited Edition Signed Bettie Page Etching

RCrumb.com and Crumb Etchings announce the release of R. Crumb's signed and limited edition etching entitled Bettie Page.



In the early part of 2019, Crumb drew this illustration of Bettie Page with the possibility of an etching edition in mind. He sent the artwork to me in the late summer, and I enthusiastically converted the artwork onto film with which we created a zinc plate to print the edition. The white Hahnemuhle paper is 13" x 16.5." The embossed area is 9" x 12." The image size is 8" x 11." There are 50 prints in this edition, with 6 Artist Proofs (which are Crumb's and not mine to sell) and 3 Printer Proofs. I mailed the edition to be signed by Crumb in December. After signing the edition, he returned them to me and I received them late January. 

The edition will be released on Friday, February 7th. 

$380