Thursday, June 27, 2019

Release: R. Crumb's Signed & Numbered Skip James Etching

LIMITED EDITION SKIP JAMES ETCHING  
In 2015, Robert illustrated a portrait of Skip James for his friend John Heneghan in exchange for some rare 78's. I saw the portrait this year for the first time (a customer sent the image to me requesting we create some kind of edition with it). I immediately called Robert and asked when he drew it, why, etc. After he told me the history of the portrait, I told him it was an amazing drawing. Crumb said, "Yeah, I like the way it turned out." We both agreed it would make an excellent etching edition. John Heneghan was kind enough to scan the original art and send it to me so we could begin with crystal clear artwork. We printed the edition in May, then sent it to France in early June where it was signed by Crumb. 
Crumb Etchings and RCrumb.com are pleased to announce the release of this new etching edition of 50 prints, with 6 artist proofs and 3 printer proofs. Each print is numbered, signed and dated by R. Crumb. The paper is 12" x 15." The image size is 6.75"x 9". Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
$390